Stats with Impact
According to McCrindle Research:
- The average Australian car is driven 12 881 km’s a year.
- The average Australian spends 90 minutes a day commuting in traffic. That’s 22 days a year.
- According to Australian Bureau of Statistics, Australian’s own over 13.5 million passenger vehicles
- 2 out of every 3 Australians ride in a passenger vehicle commuting to and from work or school each day.
By Comparison, compare these vehicle wrap statistics from the United States*:
- More than 95% of the population are reached by media targeting vehicle drivers and passengers.
- One vehicle wrap can generate between 30,000 - 70,000 impressions daily.
- Fleet vehicle advertising boosts name recognition 15 times greater than any other form of advertising.
- 30% of mobile outdoor viewers indicate they would base a buying decision on the ad they see.
The US study also showed that benefits of a vehicle wrap hit home with stunning clarity when you compare its cost to the Cost Per Thousand Impressions (CPM) of other traditional forms of advertising
- A 30-second prime-time spot in the top 100 television markets cost $17.78 per CPM.
- A 60-second drive-time ad in the top 100 radio markets cost $8.61 per CPM.
- A one-third b/w page ad in the top 100 newspaper markets cost $22.95 per CPM.
- Vehicle wraps cost $.77 per CPM.
*Statistics courtesy of the Outdoor Advertising Association of America